Diabetic Recipes : Mushroom Omelets
...a classic diabetic recipe...!
DIABETIC RECIPE INGREDIENTS
butter-flavored cooking spray
- 6 ounces (180 g) fresh wild mushrooms such as shiitake, portobello, chanterelles, etc. or button mushrooms (or a combination of 2 or more kinds), thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, white part only, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) fines herbs
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces (240 ml) liquid egg substitute
- 2 sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley for garnish
1. First of all spray a nonstick small skillet or omelet pan with cooking spray and heat over high heat for a minute. Add the mushrooms and scallions; cook over high heat until the mushrooms are just cooked through, stirring. Add the fines herbs, parsley, and pepper. Remove from heat and keep warm.
2. Using the same small skillet, again lightly sprayed with cooking spray. add half of the egg substitute. Cook over medium heat, lifting the sides of the eggs to allow uncooked eggs to flow under. Once the bottom is lightly browned, carefully flip the omelet to brown the other side. Using a slotted spoon to drain off any liquid, spoon half of the mushroom mixture onto the omelet and fold in half. Transfer the omelet to a warmed plate and keep warm.
3. Repeat the procedure, making the second omelet. Place a sprig of parsley on each omelet...and the omelete mushroom is ready to serve..nice ! Enjoy it !