- 2 quarts (2 l) fresh tap water
- 3 heaping tablespoons, 1/2 ounce (15 g) loose Darjeeling tea leaves
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) fresh lemon juice
- ice cubes
- 6 sprigs of fresh mint
- sugar substitute to taste (optional)
1. In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Place tea leaves in a tea ball or in a paper coffee filter and twist the filter closed. Add to boiling water. Remove from stove, cover, and let steep for 5 to 6 minutes.
2. Remove tea leaves and stir in lemon juice. Cool to room temperature.
3. Fill 6 tall glasses with ice and pour the tea into them. Garnish with mint sprig and offer sugar substitute to add to taste (if using).
Per serving: 4 calories (0% calories from fat), 0 protein, 0 total fat (0 saturated fat), 1 g carbohydrates, 0 dietary fiber, 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium
Diabetic exchanges: FREE