- 1 pound (480 g) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 poind (480 g) small red potatoes, cooked
- 1/3 pound (180 g) green beans, stem ends pinched, cut into 1 inch pieces, blanched in boiling water to cover for 2 minutes and drained
- 1 4-ounce (120g) plum tomato, diced
- tarragon dressing
- 1/4 cup (67 g) fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup (69 g) fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) crushed dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5ml )salt (optional)
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1. Place the chicken in a microwave safe dish with 1
tablespoon water. Cook at full power for 4-6 minutes turning once, covered with waxed paper, until done. Allow chicken to cool. Dice chicken into bite-size cubes and place into bowl.
2. Dice the potatoes and add to the chicken, along with the green beans and tomatoes.
3. Whisk the sour cream, mayonnaise, tarragon, vinegar, salt (if using), and pepper in a small bowl. Fold into the chicken and vegetables. Refrigerate and the diabetic recipe is ready to serve.
Another great recipe : Cole Slaw