Try this classic diabetic recipe.
DIABETIC RECIPE INGREDIENTS
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 4 teaspoons (20 ml) red wine vinegar
- 3 anchovy fillets, blotted with paper towels and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon (3.75 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons (27 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- salt (optional) and freshly ground pepper
- 3 heads romaine lettuce, washed and torn into pieces
- 2 cups (90 g) fat-free croutons
1. First of all In a food processor or blender, combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, anchovy fillets, garlic, lemon juice, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Process until smooth. Add 1 tablespoon of the grated Parmesan; process for another 5 seconds. Set aside.
2. And then Place the romaine in a large salad bowl. Season with salt (if using) and pepper. Drizzle the prepared dressing over the greens; toss to evenly coat.
3. Next is to Add the croutons and toss again. Divide the salad between 12 salad plates; sprinkle each with some of the remaining Parmesan cheese. Serve at once. Enjoy it !
Per serving: 60 calories (58% calories from fat), 2 g protein, 4 g total fat (0.7 g saturated fat), 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 2 mg cholesterol, 2 mg sodium
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
Try this other great diabetic recipes : Bruschetta With Feta Cheese