Try this diabetic recipes..
DIABETIC RECIPES INGREDIENTS
- 6 slices French or Sour Dough bread
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup (15 g) minced fresh basil or flat-leaf parsley
- 2 ounces (60 g) reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- freshly ground pepper
1. Grill or toast bread on both sides until golden brown. Brush one side of each slice with some of the olive oil and rub with garlic.
2. In a small bowl, combine cherry tomatoes, basil, and feta cheese. Spoon 1/6 of the mixture onto the top of each bread slice. Add a grinding of fresh pepper and serve.
Per serving: 106 calories (28% calories from fat), 4 g protein, 3 g total fat (1.1 g saturated fat), 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 3 mg cholesterol, 280 mg sodium
Diabetic exchanges: 1 carbohydrate (bread/starch), 1/2 fat