Try this diabetic recipe. Think of this salad when you're serving roasted or grilled chicken or fish.
- 1 pound (480 g) fresh raw beets, scrubbed with tops removed
- 2 cups (216 g) salad greens such as Boston lettuce, mâche, curly endive, etc., torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup (114 g) plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons (8 g) sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons (16 g) chopped walnut pieces
1. First of all cover the beets with boiling water; let stand for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse with running cool water. Peel and coarsely grate the beets.
2. And then divide the salad greens among 4 salad plates. Arrange grated beets on top of greens.
3. Next in a small bowl, combine yogurt, dill, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper. Drizzle the mixture over the salads and sprinkle with some of the walnuts. Serve at once. The diabetic recipe is ready !