Diabetic Recipe: Banana Yogurt Pancakes
These diabetic recipe of pancakes are tender and tasty, sure to be a hit with the children. You can serve them with sugar free syrup, or better yet, sautéed fresh berries or other favorite fruit. Just make sure to count all of your carbohydrates. Add coffee, tea, or skim milk and you have very special breakfast to wake up lazy morning appetites..great taste...enjoy !
DIABETIC RECIPE INGREDIENTS
- 2 cups (280 g) unbleached all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 packet sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) baking soda
- 8 ounces (240 ml) fat free plain yogurt
- 1 large very ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup (240 ml) skim milk
- 1/2 tablespoon (7.5 ml) canola oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 4 egg whites, beaten to soft peaks
- refrigerated butter-flavored cooking spray
1. Combine the flour, sugar substitute, and baking soda in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
2. Add the yogurt, banana, milk, oil, and vanilla. Stir until just moistened.
3. Gently fold in the beaten egg whites to complete the batter.
4. Lightly coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Working in batches and using a ladle, make 4 inch pancakes. Cook until the bottom is browned and bubbles come to the top of the cakes. Turn and continue to cook until browned. Keep warm while you cook the rest of the pancakes.
Per serving: 76 calories (7% calories from fat), 3 g protein, 1 total fat (0.1 saturated fat), 14 g carbohydrates, 1 g dietary fiber, 0 cholesterol, 236 mg sodium
Diabetic exchanges: 1 carbohydrate (bread/starch)